Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week Two

Thursday was interesting. I woke up, went to go eat, and headed to my Latin American History Class to take a quiz. Our professor welcomed us all to class, printed out our quizzes, distributed the quizzes and then proceeded to chatter happily as we took them. After a while, he seemed to grow bored with talking, so he turned on some violin music instead. Afterwards, we traded papers and graded them. However, he decided to give us the second half of the quiz as a take-home. Then we all took notes on how Mexico is perceived by the United States, and how those perceptions are erroneous in nature.

After History, I ran into Angel and had lunch with him. I told him that I needed to pick up an online order at the school bookstore, so he decided to go with me. After I picked up the sweater that my mom had ordered for me, Angel and I sat in a public area nearby. Angel asked me if I had seen Kalofer recently and I responded that I hadn't. No sooner than we had finished talking about him, he suddenly appeared. We laughed and told him that we had just been talking about him and began talking. Then VJ walked by with a friend and ordered coffee. The lot of us sat and chatted for a bit, then Angel went off to his class. Not long after, VJ went off with her friend. Kalofer then began telling me that he was trying to start a student organization for chess. We spoke for a while, and then Kalofer went his own way. Looking at the time, I walked to Jarvis Hall and proceeded to wait for Biology to start.

When all the other students arrived I noticed something peculiar: I didn't recognize a single one of them. When my professor walked in, I asked him why I didn't recognize anyone. He told me that I only needed one two hour lab per week in Biology, and that my section (002) met on Tuesday afternoons only. Gleeful, I left the lab and met VJ outside. I asked her what she was doing and she replied that she was going to go eat with Mahir. I asked her if I might join them and then went with her to meet up with Mahir. The three of us sat and chatted for a while, and then proceeded to walk to the library so that VJ could pick up one of her textbooks. As we left the library, we ran into Sarah who asked us if we were going to ride the bus. VJ and Mahir said we were and the bus pulled up. Until that point, I hadn't known that there even was a bus.

While we were riding, Sarah invited VJ to an event later that evening, and VJ invited Mahir. I kept my nose out of it because it didn't sound like much fun to me. When we arrived at the dorms, I went up to my room and proceeded to write for a while. A good, long time later I came out of my man cave and went to have dinner with Angel at Price Commons. It was cold as we walked down there, and we swore that we would eat dinner at North Point the next day so that we wouldn't have to trudge across the town. We ate, trudged back and went to our respective dorms. I proceeded to fly up the stairs and write in my man cave until I went to bed.

Friday, I woke up, got ready, and decided to eat after my Literature class. In said class we talked about the invention of childhood and several elements of art. After class, I was boring and went back to my room. I'm sure no one could have guessed. I came back about forty-five minutes before my Biology lecture and ate lunch, then headed to wait for class. After class I was free to be the boring me because my Spanish class is a Monday/Wednesday only class. Score! Later I texed Angel if he wanted to eat and he told me that we needed to meet up immediately at the North Point dining center because on the weekends it closes at six thirty.

We rushed down there, ate, were completely dissatisfied with the food and atmosphere of the place and decided not to come back until the plumbing issue was fixed and the entire cafeteria was open again. I went back to my room and proceeded to write some more while listening to the entire Silent Hill soundtrack.

Saturday was wonderful in that I got to sleep in. Ah, sleep, you charmer, you. Anyway, I woke up late and discovered that Brunch ran from ten to one thirty. I texted Angel to see if he wanted to go with me, but I got no reply, so I went half an hour later by myself.  While at the cafeteria, I met some nice people and sat with them. As I was walking back to the dorm, I ran into Angel, who said that he had texted me. I told him I hadn't received it and continued walking back to my dorm. When I returned, I wrote until about five thirty, at which point I went to go eat dinner. When I returned from dinner, I continued to write until eleven twenty, at which point I got ready for bed. You would think I had penned a masterpiece by now.

I woke up this morning at nine o'clock, rolled over, and woke up again at eleven thirty. I proceeded to shower and head towards the cafeteria. Side note: I pass by a bush every single day that is infested with thirty plus fluffy, little birds. They are adorable yet sensible; every time I pass by they all stop chirping until I pass, even though they could easily peck me to death. It's so cute! I arrived at the cafeteria around one ten and prepared my food. As I was eating, I met two girls and a guy and proceeded to chat with them until they had to leave. I got both of the girls' numbers (if I were a guy, this would make me a stud) and promised to text them. I intend to. I proceeded to go back to my dorm and goof around on the internet until five twelve, when I texted Mary and Jessie to ask them to meet me for dinner around five forty.

We all had a nice time at dinner, although I probably talked more than I should have. After Greg, Brian, and Mary left, Jessie and I stayed and continued to talk until about five after seven. When I got back to my dorm room, I discovered that Angel had texted me to come and play pool and ping-pong. I asked him if he still wanted me to come play, and I headed over to meet him. We played just-try-to-hit-it-Julia ping pong, and two rounds of foozeball which I won. I went back to my dorm at eight fifty.

Now I'm just going to to relax, check for any homework, and write some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment