Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Third Day

Today I woke up at six forty-five to go to the international dormitory. Not long after I arrived, we all walked to Jarvis Hall for the welcoming ceremony. The chancellor gave an introductory/welcome speech and asked each of us to say our name, major, and country of origin. We were then split into two groups to discuss forms. I didn't need to participate in either discussion, so I sat and waited for the campus tour to start. Throughout the duration of the tour I spoke with Angel, a student from London.

After the tour had ended, the two groups reunited at a pizza joint name "Jerry's" to have lunch. Once that was finished, we all went our separate ways. Many of the international students went to take English and Math proficiency exams whereas the students from England and I went to pick up our school assigned laptops.

As we were walking back to the dorms, Angel, VJ, Sarah, myself, and the Brazilian girl (whose name I still can not recall) decided to go see the frozen lake. It wasn't long before we were all walking/sliding/snow-angel-making on the surface, laughing ourselves silly. After that, we all walked back to our seperate dorms.

I didn't do too terribly much after I returned to my room. I spent too much time on the internet, ate a sandwich, and went ahead and bought my DragonCon ticket for August. And to put the boring cherry atop the boring sundae, once I have finished this sentence I will be making another sandwich and reading Dracula.

No comments:

Post a Comment