Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fourth Day

Because I hadn't received a folder like the international students, I was left without a schedule today. As I didn't know what to do, I decided to sleep in. I awoke at around nine forty and proceeded to take my time having a nice, long shower. After I had dressed, I took it upon myself to fetch my school books from the library. Never was there a greater system devised!

I walked into the room and asked an asistant for help. He pointed to the papers posted on the sides of the aisles; each paper had a list of various courses, the required textbook/s for each, and the name/s of the author/s of the textbook/s.

In the end it wound up looking like this:

COURSE      CLASS                      AUTHOR
BIO 101        ALL CLASSES         PRESSON

When I was heading back towards my dorm, I ran into one of the Saudi Arabian students and proceeded to guide him back to his dorm (which is directly across the foot bridge from mine). We didn't get far before we ran into Angel, VJ, and Daniel, each of whom asked me where I had been. As we all headed back to the dormitories, I explained that since I hadn't been given a schedule, I hadn't known where to go or when. They told me that an event had been scheduled for four forty-five that afternoon. When we arrived at the foot bridge, I agreed to meet up at the international dorm at the aforementioned time and went back to my room to read Dracula.

Once the time rolled around, I headed to the international dorm. At five, we headed to a Lutheran church where host families had gathered to meet us. We all sat around eating, talking, and generally having a good time. I asked Angel and Daniel what I had missed earlier that day. Apparently, they had been informed about the usual policies as to what was illegal (drinking, drugs, alcohol, paraphernalia, etc.), the access card system, and then been given lunch. At around seven or so, Daniel, Summer, Angel, and myself headed back towards the dormitories.

After that, I came back to my room and proceeded to write out my daily account. Now I shall continue to read Dracula.

No comments:

Post a Comment