Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week Three

Nothing especially different or important happened this week except on Wednesday. I hadn't seen any of my international friends all week, not even passing on the street. However, I did get to spend some time with the American friends that I had made. The special event this Wednesday was the Student Involvement Fair, where many of the student organizations set up booths to attract potential members. I went to a few, and eventually found the People's Organization of Network Gaming booth (hereafter referred to as PONG) and was told that they were having a forty-eight hour gaming "tournament" from Friday at four o'clock to Sunday at four o'clock.

I went to the PONG event at three thirty yesterday, after my Biology class. I looked around; nobody had completely set up yet, obviously, but I could tell that it was going to be big. I left to go back to my dorm. After I had appropriately eaten, grabbed equipment, and walked over to the Memorial Student Center, it was already six. Because I had no games, I sat and played one from DoubleFine in my browser and then watched a movie. At about that time, one of my American friends, Mary, came up to collect a prize for the lottery. I saw her, waved her over, and she invited me to come sit with her. I did for a while, but I was tired soon after and walked back to my dorm.

When I got back, Angel messaged me that he had a basketball game Saturday at three thirty. I told him that I would go, and promptly went to sleep.

I woke up, ate brunch, and contacted VJ, Kalofer, and Valerija (Germany) about the basketball game. After determining where and when everyone would meet up, I went to Red Cedar to head off with VJ. We met Kalofer near the lake, where people were playing ice hockey and spinning their cars around, and brought him with us. Eventually, we met up with Valerija at the gym, and went into the game. Angel was a bench-warmer, but we cheered for the team anyway. It was a close game; UW-Stout only won by three points.

After the game, we all went our separate ways. Because it was six o'clock when the game was over, and the cafeterias close at six thirty, I went and ate in the Commons area near the gym. Eventually, I got back to my room and called in my medicine for pick up tomorrow. I don't feel like walking half an hour in the snow and cold along a highway, so I asked my RA, Gravy, about the bus schedule. Now I'm just goofing off until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment